Friday, July 10, 2009

Another Face of Pride

So another day, another lesson..

Why do we feel the need to bash on others..? Other churches, other Christians, other drivers, other artists, other moms..

I recently left the church I'd attended faithfully, rarely missing a week, for about a decade..and when I left, I felt like I should rub it in the faces of the ones who stayed..how much their church sucks and how much my new one didn't..

This moment, I look back at that with a heavy heart..so that church was no longer right for me (us, Troy and I were in agreement)..so what? Why did I feel I needed to show off my "better-ness" when I left, as though the people who didn't leave were somehow inferior because they stayed..?

This moment, I repent..I will not cut others down because they aren't doing what I'm doing. Instead, I will pray for them, and I hope that as they move forward in their church, life, ministry, art, or parenting it will be productive and fruitful and glorifying to God..even though it's different from what I'm doing or how I'm doing it. If they're different than me, that doesn't make them wrong..and heaven forbid they should all come following me! I'd be repulsed by that! Whatever draws us to think we're somehow superior to others..(that would be pride!)..is not from God..

God, forgive me for the evil that is in my soul! Remove from me all that is not glorifying to You! Cleanse my conscience and make me right before Your holiness..cover me with Your blood and forgive my sin. Make me to walk in Your way and seek after Your heart..Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment